[ofa-general] IB performance stats (revisited)

Mark Seger Mark.Seger at hp.com
Wed Jun 27 08:00:48 PDT 2007

>> Doesn't have the same problem as doing it the PMA way ? Doesn't this
>> impact other performance managers ?

It just occurred to me, how can other performance managers report
aggregate throughput if the counters don't wrap?  They'll have exactly
the same problem as me unless they're getting the counters elsewhere.  I
do recall some switch vendors recommending I ask the switch for the
counters which they maintain locally but I find that to expensive AND I
don't want to have to rely on the network as I'd mentioned in my
previous reply.
-mark