[ofa-general] IB performance stats (revisited)

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Jun 27 14:49:37 PDT 2007

> After 2**64 counts the saturation computation will stop working. It
> would take 24 years of constant maxed out data transfer for a 12x QDR
> link to wrap a 64 bit dword byte counter.

Drifting a bit, and perhaps not properly interpreting some of the TLAs,
but I suspect that if we go back oh 20ish years or so, we could find
similar calculations being put forth to show how very long a 32-bit
counter would last :)  Perhaps it isn't too too early to start talking
about > 64 bit counters...

rick jones