[ofa-general] Re: What is the size of async event queue ?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Mar 2 16:12:40 PST 2007

 > If a QP goes to error state, I will get completion error, do I still get
 > any of IBV_EVENT_QP_FATAL/REQ_ERR/ACCESS_ERR event?

It depends on why the QP is transitioned to the error state.  You can
look at section 11.6.3.2 of the IB spec for details on async errors,
but the basic idea is that any error that can be reported in a work
completion will be reported that way; only QP errors that don't have a
way to be reported via a CQ will generate an async event.

 - R.