[ofa-general] infiniband bonding/merging/aggregation with SDP and/or VERBS

SEGERS Koen Koen.SEGERS at VRT.BE
Wed Mar 7 06:59:01 PST 2007

Hi all!

We are trying to bond two ports on 1 HCA so that we are able aggregate the throughput. We are also interested in bonding ports of different HCA's.

Is this possible with the OFED driver? If so, can you give the command?
We know TopSpin has support for this feature. Sadly, Topspin has no driver that runs on our system (SLES 10).

We currently installed OFED-1.2 of 20070306 and the stable OFED-1.1 driver, but we can't figure out how this bonding is started in either versions. It is important that we offload the bonding. We don't want to use the standard linux bonding. That is why we think that bonding over different HCA's is not going to work. Is this assumption correct?

Is bonding possible when running SDP? And VERBS?

Greetings

Koen
*** Disclaimer ***

Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep