[ofa-general] OFED-1.1, mvapich and openmpi question

Bala cppbala at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 07:32:58 PST 2007

Hi All,
       Recently we have installed OFED-1.1 on our
16 node blade cluster, as we are new to IB we
have the following queries

1. For openmpi we have used the "--mca btl openib,self
..." as command line option and it is
running fine, now the question is how to make sure
the it uses IB for mpi communication??

2. Is there any tool available to find activity over
  IB??

3. Is there any option available for "mvapich" to use
  IB??

4. we are using cpi.c sample is there any other
  sample we can use for testing as well as benchmark??

5. shall we use this with SGE(Sun Grid Engine)
scheduler??, anybody already using SGE for
openmpi and mvapich??

thanks in advance,
-bala-