[ofa-general] OFED-1.1, mvapich and openmpi question

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Mar 9 08:08:06 PST 2007

Hi Bala,

* On Mar,1 Bala<cppbala at yahoo.com> wrote :
> Hi All,
>        Recently we have installed OFED-1.1 on our
> 16 node blade cluster, as we are new to IB we
> have the following queries
>
> 1. For openmpi we have used the "--mca btl openib,self
> ..." as command line option and it is
> running fine, now the question is how to make sure
> the it uses IB for mpi communication??
>
> 2. Is there any tool available to find activity over
>   IB??
>
> 3. Is there any option available for "mvapich" to use
>   IB??

By default, the OFED installation of MVAPICH will automatically use IB.
So no special option is needed to run it on IB. It might be helpful to
check out our user guide sections on running MPI jobs over InfiniBand.

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/download-mvapich/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-190005.2

In addition, you could also look at our "Troubleshooting" section for
commonly encountered problems and their solutions.

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/download-mvapich/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-290007

> 4. we are using cpi.c sample is there any other
>   sample we can use for testing as well as benchmark??

You could use the OSU benchmarks.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--