[ofa-general] oversubscription

SEGERS Koen Koen.SEGERS at VRT.BE
Tue Mar 13 15:30:14 PDT 2007

I'm trying to resolve an oversubscription problem of 1 server receiving streams from 4 hosts.

If you connect the server with 4 cables to the switch, it should be resolved when I define the routes that should be used. But is it possible to define the routing tables in the subnet manager? Maybe just running the fattree routing module is sufficient? I also saw that it is possible to set the routes by using a file. Can someone give an example of this?

Currently I'm trying a combination of partitioning and linux routing. Is this a good idea?

BTW: we are only interested in SDP and IPoIB. In a previous thread I discovered that bonding/aggregation/merging is not possible in an active/active situation. So this doesn't improve our setup.

greetz,

Koen
*** Disclaimer ***

Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep