[ofa-general] oversubscription

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Mar 13 17:15:18 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 17:30, SEGERS Koen wrote:
> I'm trying to resolve an oversubscription problem of 1 server
> receiving streams from 4 hosts.
>
> If you connect the server with 4 cables to the switch, it should be
> resolved when I define the routes that should be used. But is it
> possible to define the routing tables in the subnet manager?

Depends on the SM as to whether this is supported or not. OpenSM
supports the ability to do this as do some vendor SMs.

> Maybe just running the fattree routing module is sufficient?

I'm not sure; Yevgeny would be the best to answer this.

>  I also saw that it is possible to set the routes by using a file. Can
> someone give an example of this?

This capability is documented in the opensm man page. You can obtain
this file via dump_lfts.sh script.

> Currently I'm trying a combination of partitioning and linux routing.
> Is this a good idea?

What do you mean by Linux routing ? Is this IP routing ?

-- Hal