[ofa-general] RE: bug 400: ipoib error messages

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Mar 14 10:38:35 PDT 2007

> Right now I am having a hard time getting failures to happen, I'll keep
> trying.

Your last report mentioned that you were running OFED-1.2-20070311-0600.  Is
this still the case?

A fix for the multicast detach race went into OFED 1.2 on March 11th.  I don't
know if it made it into the OFED-1.2-20070311-0600 release or not, but should be
in 20070312 and later releases.  Can you look for the file
kernel_patches/fixes/sean_ipoib_multicast.patch?

> Here's an example of several minutes of dmesg output:
>
> ib0: enabling connected mode will cause multicast packet drops
> ib1: enabling connected mode will cause multicast packet drops
> ib1: dev_queue_xmit failed to requeue packet
> ib1: dev_queue_xmit failed to requeue packet

Michael, are either of these messages any cause for concern?