[ofa-general] Re: dst_ifdown breaks infiniband?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Mon Mar 19 08:10:16 PDT 2007

David Miller <davem at davemloft.net> writes:

> I think the thing to do is to just leave the loopback references
> in place, try to unregister the per-namespace loopback device,
> and that will safely wait for all the references to go away.

Right.  The only thing I have found that needs to be changed so
far in this area is specifying which loopback device I want
to replace it with.

> If you do it that way, you should need absolutely no changes to
> the other code in this area.
>
> As per Herbert, I think he works on Xen rather than vserver :-)
> Perhaps you're thinking of Alexey Kuznetsov or another one of the
> vserver guys.

I think you are thinking of a different Herbert.  I was thinking of
Herbert Poetzl the vserver maintainer.  Alexey works on OpenVZ.

Until we get the basic architecture merged they are rival projects.

Eric