[ofa-general] broken links

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Mar 19 13:38:54 PDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>> However, you'll still get a 404 because just about the only thing
>> left in the OFA SVN is OFED 1.1; everything else has been "svn
>> rm"'ed.  It's all there in the SVN history if you want it; see
>> https://svn.openfabrics.org/svn/openib/README.txt for the file "Where
>> in the world did all the OpenFabrics sources go?"
>
> Thanks, but those may be out of date and these should really point
> into
> the "active" ones in the new git trees as they could be updated with
> more recent info.

I think what's in SVN is ok:

1. The first paragraph of the README.txt says:

"The majority of content here in the OpenFabrics Subversion repository
has been moved to various git-based repositories.  See the OpenFabrics
web site (http://www.openfabrics.org/) for details on where the git
repositories are located and how they can be accessed."

2. The specific files in question were "svn rm"'ed so that they're
not at the SVN HEAD anymore.  So even if you get into SVN, you won't
find the files you're talking about without diving into the history.

I think that if someone ignores the README.txt and goes into the
history to find old versions of those files, they deserve what they
get.  :-)

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems