[ofa-general] Re: IsSMdisabled and user_mad.c

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Mar 20 17:19:52 PDT 2007

[err, lists.openfabrics.org, not voltaire.com...]

 > Currently user_mad.c does not currently support the IsSMdisabled
 > capability mask bit in PortInfo attribute. I propose adding support for
 > a per port issmdisabled similar to issm in user_mad.c. I also think an
 > API change may not be necessary as applications can deal with the lack
 > of this file gracefully. If this sounds acceptable, I will work on a
 > patch for this. Thanks.

I guess it's OK, although I would also like to know how you plan to
handle the interaction between IsSM and IsSMDisabled -- eg what if a
process opens issm0 and then another process tries to open
issmdisabled0?  Or conversely if issmdisabled0 is open, what happens
when someone opens issm0?

 - R.