[ofa-general] compilation problem on ofed_1_2

Linev Sergei S.Linev at gsi.de
Fri Mar 23 08:08:15 PDT 2007

Hi

I trying to compile OFED 1.2 beta OFED-1.2-20070322-0837.tgz
on SuSE9 SP3 x86_64 with 2.6.19 Kernel and Real Time PREEMPT patch.

I get two problems.

First, in file ofa_user-1.2/src/userspace/sdpnetstat/lib/fdd.c.

It has #include "if_fddi.h", and in "linux/if_fddi.h" I saw error message, that
type __be16 is not defined. Probably, it is only feature of SuSE9. To fix it, one just should use
#include "linux/types.h" right before "netinet/if_fddi.h" include in file fdd.c

Second, in file ofa_kernel-1.2/drivers/infiniband/ulp/vnic/vnic_main.c,
failed definition SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED. Seems to be, "spinlock.h" include is missed in this file.
Again, it may be features of our old SuSE9.

If I compile ofed without these two components (and also without openmpi, it has some linking problems),
I can run basic components (verbs, opensm, IPoIB) without any problem.

Sergey Linev

P.S. Sorry, that I did not provide log files. Our cluster is off for some time.