[ofa-general] opensm console wishlist: enable/disable ports

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 29 03:01:50 PDT 2007

> > > There's no way to shut down an IB switch port with opensm or any OFED
> > > diags?  Yuck...
> > >
> > > Scott
> >
> > Maybe something can be done with the opensm console.
>
> A command could be added for this in the console but there is a separate
> diag command which handles this.

Taking this topic off the bugzilla thread for now.

This really must be part of SM I think.

I think this operation needs to perform set to port attributes, so
doing this from a separate utility would only work with
the most permissive policy which lets everyone get the mkey -
which seems to be what OpenSM is currently using by default,
but not necessarily the best thing for network security.

Right?

--
MST