[ofa-general] Re: [GIT PULL] please pull infiniband.git

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Mar 29 12:20:31 PDT 2007

 > We have a rule that we must clean CQEs after QP is moved to RESET,
 > do we not? How is it formulated?

Thanks for bringing that up...

I consider the CQ cleaning to be an internal mthca implementation
detail, to avoid having to handle CQEs with a stale QPN after we free
a QP.  The IB spec basically says that the status of completions for a
QP is undefined:

    "The CI does not guarantee that CQEs generated for a QP prior to
    its destruction can be retrieved from the CQ after that QP has
    been destroyed."

So now that you bring it up, I think it would be OK for a low-level
driver to report completions for a QP even after the QP is destroyed.
And yes that does make putting the QP pointer in the ib_wc structure a
mistake...

 - R.