[ofa-general] RE: Trouble installing OFED1.2 with kernel

Jeffrey Wong jwong at datallegro.com
Tue May 1 00:06:18 PDT 2007

I have downloaded the kernel src from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.18.8.tar.gz
I have gunzip and untarred the directory.

In the file linux-2.6.18.8/include/linux/fs.h.  Here is the structure definition of inode.  When I look below the i_private ptr does not exist.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Jeff

struct inode {
	struct hlist_node	i_hash;
	struct list_head	i_list;
	struct list_head	i_sb_list;
	struct list_head	i_dentry;
	unsigned long		i_ino;
	atomic_t		i_count;
	umode_t			i_mode;
	unsigned int		i_nlink;
	uid_t			i_uid;
	gid_t			i_gid;
	dev_t			i_rdev;
	loff_t			i_size;
	struct timespec		i_atime;
	struct timespec		i_mtime;
	struct timespec		i_ctime;
	unsigned int		i_blkbits;
	unsigned long		i_blksize;
	unsigned long		i_version;
	blkcnt_t		i_blocks;
	unsigned short          i_bytes;
	spinlock_t		i_lock;	/* i_blocks, i_bytes, maybe i_size */
	struct mutex		i_mutex;
	struct rw_semaphore	i_alloc_sem;
	struct inode_operations	*i_op;
	const struct file_operations	*i_fop;	/* former ->i_op->default_file_ops */
	struct super_block	*i_sb;
	struct file_lock	*i_flock;
	struct address_space	*i_mapping;
	struct address_space	i_data;
#ifdef CONFIG_QUOTA
	struct dquot		*i_dquot[MAXQUOTAS];
#endif
	/* These three should probably be a union */
	struct list_head	i_devices;
	struct pipe_inode_info	*i_pipe;
	struct block_device	*i_bdev;
	struct cdev		*i_cdev;
	int			i_cindex;

	__u32			i_generation;

#ifdef CONFIG_DNOTIFY
	unsigned long		i_dnotify_mask; /* Directory notify events */
	struct dnotify_struct	*i_dnotify; /* for directory notifications */
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_INOTIFY
	struct list_head	inotify_watches; /* watches on this inode */
	struct mutex		inotify_mutex;	/* protects the watches list */
#endif

	unsigned long		i_state;
	unsigned long		dirtied_when;	/* jiffies of first dirtying */

	unsigned int		i_flags;

	atomic_t		i_writecount;
	void			*i_security;
	union {