[ofa-general] Re: minutes from socket over RDMA discussion at workshop

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed May 2 12:10:48 PDT 2007

>>The OFED is whatever is in RHEL5 - someone said that might be 1.1.
>

> So you are not comparing apples to apples:
> SPD uses buffers of 64K, IPoIB datagram mode - 2K.

I won't dispute that, I'll just say it is what people running RHEL5 will see out
of the box.

> Report the problem, people'll try to help.

I thought I had, albeit perhaps too tangentially.  Anyway, I'm running on a
Debian 4.0 with a 2.6.21.1 kernel on it (from a kernel.org tar) now and will try
a contemporary 1.2 on that.  It seems there is already some OFED stuff in the
2.6.21.1 kernel, so if there are suggestions on how to remove that for a
successful 1.2 install, or other suggestions on how to have a successful 1.2
install on 2.6.21.1 I'm all ears.  When it comes to manipulating bits here I'm
still on the very steep part of the learning curve.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones