[ofa-general] Infiniband data transfer across servers w/ different IB drivers

Dukle, Kapil (GE Healthcare) Kapil.Dukle at med.ge.com
Mon May 7 09:41:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with Infiniband data transfers across
servers with different operating systems.
Is it possible for two servers with different Infiniband drivers (and
OS) to communicate for data transfers - as in
the example below.

Server A runs VxWorks and uses SBS IB driver modules and APIs

Server B runs Linux and uses OFED 1.0 drivers and APIs

- Is it possible for these servers to transfer data across Infiniband
the way they are currently set up?
OR
- Would I need to update Server A to have the OFED 1.0 IB drivers?

Let me know if you need any more information that might help answer
these questions...

Thanks,