[ofa-general] OpenMPI and RDMA-CM

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon May 7 15:09:21 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 16:20 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> You'd probably be better asking this question on the Open MPI mailing
> lists, not here.  :-)
>
> FWIW, yes, adding RDMA CM support has actually been on my to-do list
> for a while, but it keeps getting bumped by higher priority items.
> It would be *much* better if some iWARP companies got involved in
> Open MPI...

Hey Jeff,

Chelsio's gonna pony up the resources to get this work done asap.  Do
you have any thoughts on how we can collaborate on this project?  I'm
familiar with mvapich, not ompi, so I need to go do some homework.  But
any pointers on the connection setup design for ompi would be great.

I'm CCing devel at openmpi.org in case anyone else is interested in
helping.  Chelsio can provide rnic HW...

Thanks,

Steve.