[ofa-general] OpenMPI and RDMA-CM

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon May 7 17:37:17 PDT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Steve Wise wrote:

>> You'd probably be better asking this question on the Open MPI mailing
>> lists, not here.  :-)
>>
>> FWIW, yes, adding RDMA CM support has actually been on my to-do list
>> for a while, but it keeps getting bumped by higher priority items.
>> It would be *much* better if some iWARP companies got involved in
>> Open MPI...
>
> Chelsio's gonna pony up the resources to get this work done asap.  Do
> you have any thoughts on how we can collaborate on this project?  I'm
> familiar with mvapich, not ompi, so I need to go do some homework.
> But
> any pointers on the connection setup design for ompi would be great.

Excellent!  Let's chat on the phone tomorrow -- this would probably
be the best way to start.

We will need a signed Open MPI 3rd party contribution agreement from
either you and/or Chelsio (whoever owns the intellectual property
that will be contributed).  See http://www.open-mpi.org/community/
contribute/.

> I'm CCing devel at openmpi.org in case anyone else is interested in
> helping.  Chelsio can provide rnic HW...

Anyone else here interested?  Free hardware!  :-)

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems