[ofa-general] Re: [OMPI users] openMPI over uDAPL doesn't work

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Tue May 8 12:09:02 PDT 2007

Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I'm forwarding this to the OpenFabrics general list -- as it just
> came up the other day, we know that Open MPI's UDAPL support works on
> Solaris, but we have done little/no testing of it on OFED (I
> personally know almost nothing about UDPAL).
>
> Can the UDAPL OFED wizards shed any light on the error messages that
> are listed below?  In particular, these seem to be worrysome:
>
>>  setup_listener Permission denied
>
>  setup_listener Address already in use

These failures are from rdma_cm_bind indicating the port is already
bound to this IA address. How are you creating the service point?
dat_psp_create or dat_psp_create_any? If it is psp_create_any then you
will see some failures until it  gets to a free port. That is normal.
Just make sure your create call returns DAT_SUCCESS.

>>  create_qp Address already in use

This is a real problem with the bind, port is already in use. Not sure
why this would fail since the current version of OFED uDAPL uses a
wildcard port when binding and uses the address from the open;  I
remember an issue a while back with rdma_cm and wildcard ports. What
version of OFED are you using?

-arlin