OMPI over OFA udapl (was Re: [OMPI devel] [ofa-general] OpenMPI and RDMA-CM)

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Tue May 8 12:55:39 PDT 2007

Steve Wise wrote:

>1) OMPI shouldn't be stepping on the ia_address.

stongly agree

>2) OFA udapl should probably be explicitly binding local cm_ids to port
>zero.

current implementation uses port zero on ep_create and ia_open.

>3) dat_ep_query() should be returning the correct port numbers...

agree. I also don't like the common code hands out  pointers to internal
structures...

I will work on a patch that will insure compadibility with other
providers but allow the openib_cma provider to return the port on the
ep_query.

-arlin