[ofa-general] ehca_mrmw patch

Kyle Schochenmaier kschoche at scl.ameslab.gov
Wed May 9 11:13:15 PDT 2007

With the memory registration restrictions of the eHCA coupled with our
applications which require large memory registrations, we've found that
we can quickly trigger a case where ibv_reg_mr()  will return -EINVAL,
when it should be returning -ENOMEM.  If we were able to differentiate
this type of error from the default -EINVAL, we would be able to handle
this in userspace by flushing cached entries and retrying the memory
registration.

I've attached a patch to start the process, if there are other paths
back to userspace that can return ENOMEM on a resource limitation we
should also add that.

thanks,

Kyle

--