[ofa-general] verbs abi_compat

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed May 9 20:06:46 PDT 2007

 > Under what conditions is the field abi_compat of struct ibv_context
 > set to non-zero? I'm encountering a situation where it is set
 > whencoding to verbs on a clean OFED 1.2 install. Seems odd that it
 > would be set since I suspected that it would only occur for verbs
 > 1.0/1.1 compatibility.

Are you sure it's being set?  I think most drivers just use malloc()
to allocate the context structure so you could just be seeing
uninitialized memory there.

Anyway I'm not sure why you're looking at the field at all.  It's
really just internal to libibverbs.  If you want to understand how
things work, there's only one assignment to context->abi_compat in
libibverbs, in src/cmd.c so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out
(and add whatever tracing info you want).

 - R.