[ofa-general] RE: [Query] ib add path record cache

sean.hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri May 11 09:44:18 PDT 2007

>One user command, reading path records from some file and passing this
>to local_sa_cache module using standard entry point (read/write),
>local_cache module is
>assuming it as a incoming resolved path_record, and adding it to the
>cache in normal fashion. possibly some device interface will be
>required to be added.
>port agent related issues needs to be looked into.
>
>Or some better idea if you have, can we discuss?

This sounds fine.  I still just not understanding the reasoning behind
populating the cache with dummy entries.  (I do think that being able to
populate it from a file could be useful to initially load the cache in fairly
static configurations.)

I should note that the cache flushes old entries after it performs a full
update.  So if these are entries that you want to remain in the cache after an
update, additional changes of the cache would be required.