[ofa-general] [query] addressing the the IB switches using LID.

Keshetti Mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 14 05:26:28 PDT 2007

IB switches are not transparent and every IB switch should get a LID
(at least one port of the switch is connected to the subnet).

It doesn't matter if the SM is being executed on this switch or not.
Yes, According to the IB architecture IB switch should get a LID. Just out
of curiosity I want to know whether the IB switch will be addressed using LID
or not.

I have mentioned SM here beacuse if the IB switch is running the SM then
it needs to be reachable using LID by all nodes inorder to answer the SA
queries. But in the other case (no SM) I didn't see any situation yet where the
IB switch will be addressed using the LID assigned to it.

-Mahesh