[ofa-general] IB/core: Enhance SMI for switch support

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon May 14 14:24:53 PDT 2007

Sorry, I lost this one in my queue.

However when I was thinking about applying it, I couldn't help but
wonder whether it was a good idea or not.  Is there any prospect of an
in-tree driver that would use the code?  Current Mellanox switches do
intermediate hop SMI handling in firmware, so a Mellanox switch driver
wouldn't use this code.  And I'm not sure we can justify this change
(which after all carries some risk) just to make it easier for
baymicrosystems's proprietary driver.

 - R.