[ofa-general] Re: Error message in OSM log when cached op file doesn't exist

Yevgeny Kliteynik kliteyn at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue May 15 05:56:32 PDT 2007

Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 14:20 Tue 15 May     , Yevgeny Kliteynik wrote:
>> I think that the message should appear when OpenSM *does* find cached
>> option file, and no message should appear when such file wasn't found
>> (which is the most common use case).
>
> AFAIK OpenSM which used in the labs' clusters almost always uses this
> file, so I'm not sure about common case.

If the file is found, user sees "Using cached bla-bla" and
If the file wasn't found, these messages are not printed,
so absence of these messages means that the file wasn't found.
The only thing we can do is to add a new message that will
explicitly inform the user about this, something like
"No cached options file".
Is this necessary? IMHO, it's not. Do you think otherwise?

-- Yevgeny