[ofa-general] locating the index of the default PKey - possible sa_query bug?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue May 22 14:47:45 PDT 2007

I've been asked to verify partition support in the IB stack .  Everything I've checked so far
appears fine, with one possible exception.

The sa_query module always sends MADs using pkey index 0.  According to section 15.4.2 of the spec,
SA MADs should be sent using the index of the default pkey.  Is there any requirement that the
default pkey be located at index 0?  If not, are we fine placing this requirement on the SM?  (I'm
not aware of any actual problems occurring with the existing code.)