[ofa-general] RE: Problem with using two interfaces with rdma-cm

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed May 23 14:25:31 PDT 2007

Guys, this reminds me of an issue we have with rnics and regular nics on
the same physical network.  By default linux responds to arp queries on
all ports it receives the query on.  This leads to very bad results with
you're trying to do offloaded connections.  When resolving the
address/route, the rdma client can end up getting the mac address of the
dumb nic instead of the rnic.   I don't know if route resolution in the
ib cm has this issue, but it might since they use ipoib for some part of
the resolution, no?

You might this (snipit from the cxgb3 release notes file to be included
in -rc4):

2) If you have a multi-homed host and the physical ethernet networks are
bridged, then you need to configure arp to only send replies on the
interface with the target ip address:

        sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore=2

Steve.