[ofa-general] IPoIB NETIF_F_SG flag for GSO

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Wed May 23 16:28:57 PDT 2007

Hello Roland, Michael,

      I tried GSO for IPoIB last year, I didn't see much BW for UD rather
than some cpu utilization decreasement. I looked the GSO patch carefully
then I found there are additional skb copies in skb segment. If the device
supports SG, then the copies can be avoided. IPoIB does support SG, I am
planning to enable it to test GSO again. I would like to know whether you
have tried this before? Any possible issue you can think of?

Thanks
Shirley Ma