[ofa-general] IPOIB CM (NOSRQ) patch -memory footprint

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed May 23 22:51:08 PDT 2007

> Quoting Pradeep Satyanarayana <pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com>:
> Subject: Re: [ofa-general] IPOIB CM (NOSRQ) patch -memory footprint
>

> If this proposal is acceptable, would you want me to generate a patch
> against Roland's for-2.6.22 git tree, or would for-2.6.23 tree be
> better?

I've just answered in another thread. Summary:
I think that to enable connected mode on ehca, what we need is

1. A way to make IPoIB fall back on datagram mode when you run out of
   resources.  This might need to be addressed at the protocol level.
2. A way to separate the noSRQ hacks more cleanly. This is not just me
   being a micro-optimization freak. I suggested some ways to do this better.

--
MST