[ofa-general] IPOIB CM (NOSRQ) patch -memory footprint

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Thu May 24 12:36:11 PDT 2007

Hello Michael,

> > My point of view this, if we run out of resource, there is nothingwe
can do.

> Yes. So we need to fall back to datagram before running out of resources.

Only high-end PPC supports eHCA, in the high-end PPC cluster, each node
will configure enough memory to handle the connections within the cluster.
So this patch will work OK. We would like to have IPoIB-CM w/o SRQ
available to allow IPoIB-CM mode to be turned on as default soon.

That would be good on handling running out of resouce, but it is not a
simple effort. Let's have an independent patch to handle resouce running
out later without blocking this patch to be upper stream. I hope you can
agree with this.

Thanks
Shirley Ma