[ofa-general] newbie throughput question

Michael Bloom mbloom at tervela.com
Thu May 24 14:06:57 PDT 2007

I'm new to IB and the OFED stack, but I'm using a proprietary packet
blaster program and getting very low throughput.

I'm expecting 200k - 500k packets per second, but I'm only achieving ~
15k pps.

This program is running on 2 dedicated RH boxes (transmitter on one,
receiver on the other).

We're using the standard OFED 1.1.1 stack.

Has anyone seen high packet throughput levels using a similar
environment?

Are there certain kernel parms that I need to tweak here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike