[ofa-general] Re: IPOIB CM (NOSRQ) patch -memory footprint

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun May 27 01:39:32 PDT 2007

> >>-The IPOIB CM (NOSRQ) patch is practically transparent to HCAs that
> >>support SRQ like the Topspin HCA and, such HCAs should not be
> >>impacted at all.
> >
> >I don't think it's that clean yet.
> >
> >Here's an idea: implement "fake SRQ" for ehca in software: make post recv on
> >srq queue the WR, spread them evenly between QPs as they connect.  Once # of
> >QPs goes above some limit, create QP command will fail.  This would contain
> >the mess nicely inside ehca (I think you'll want to add a flag that lets
> >software figure out that SRQ is fake).
> >
> >We will still be left with the basic problem of what to do at the active side
> >upon the reject, though.
>
> As you indicate this will not solve the problem, so it is not an option.

Above, I have outlined how it can be done, so it certainly *is* an option.

In this thread, you basically keep saying that ehca will ever be the only HCA without SRQ
support, so you can make a lot of assumptions about how IPoIB is used.

Fine, but if you follow this logic, it makes sense to hide the mess under the ehca
provider interface.

--
MST