[ofa-general] ibv_get_cq_event blocking forever after successful ibv_post_send...

Jimmy Hill jimmy at hillraiser.com
Sun May 27 15:45:08 PDT 2007

My code currently blocks (either a blocking call, or looping with a
non-blocking FD) waiting for an event (ibv_get_cq_event) before attempting
to dequeue (ibv_poll_cq) any entries from the CQ. I assumed that if I did
not get a completion event, there would not be a CQ entry waiting. So, no, I
have not tried that. I can try that, but it may be a week or more before I
am able to get back to my machines.

Can I not rely on getting an event when I request signalled completions?

Thanks.