[ofa-general] Both opensm's are in SMINFO_STANDBY and none of them claims master

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu May 31 11:31:59 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 14:35, Venkatesh Babu wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>
> >>This output was captured on node vortex3l-83, the one who runs opensm.
> >>Do you want the perfquery output before and after some time interval ?
> >>

> >I'm interested in VL15 drops to make sure that is not going on.
> >

>   I am seeing non zero (0 - 10) VL15 drops counter. What is the
> significance and cause of these errors ?

This means that some VL15 packets arrive at the switch with no available
VL15 buffers so they are dropped. These could be any SM packets (SMInfo
is just one possibility).

> How can I get rid or correct them ?

You would need to contact your switch vendor to see if the VL15
buffering can be reconfigured.

I'm not sure whether or not this is related to your standby issue or
not.

Are you seeing any other errors on any of the ports ?

-- Hal