[ofa-general] opensm: Unsupported attribute = 0xFF02

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Thu Nov 1 05:32:01 PDT 2007

On 04:50 Thu 01 Nov     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> Aside from value adds (proprietary extensions) which is an important and
> large issue as all SMs vendors claim advantage from this and they are
> not being opened up, there are the issues of routing algorithms (both
> unicast and multicast), management, and consistency of data. These are
> all different to varying degrees for each flavor.
>
> While I am aware of some customers requesting this, the IBTA does not
> sanction this configuration. The MgtWG has produced a white paper on the
> topic which is available on their web site.

Do you mean management interoperability white paper?

> In fact, some areas of the
> above are beyond the IBTA charter. If you feel strongly about this, I
> suggest you get a like minded vendors and get as much of this
> standardized as possible. IMO the place for this is the IBTA MgtWG.

I see. Thanks for suggestion :)

> > At least
> > I am able to run OpenSM with Voltaire SM on one subnet.
>
> Define what you mean by run here ? What "experiments" have you
> performed ?

Nothing really special. I'm just running OpenSM on the subnet with
Voltaire managed switches (where VoltaireSM is on). And I don't remember
any big problems there (including handover, etc.). Never investigated
interoperability issue in deep however.

> Does Voltaire stand behind this as a supported configuration ?

Not sure.

> If not,
> are there any plans to do so ?

No idea, sorry :(