[ofa-general] iWARP issues

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Nov 1 14:57:47 PDT 2007

>- iWARP + TCP host stack port space sharing (required by IETF iSER
>spec.)

I don't think we can accomplish much without participation from the network
maintainers, which I'm guessing will go something like this: "No - end of
discussion".  (This is the polite version.)

>- RDMA connection timeout; expand RDMA_CM API to support timeout
>paramater (not iWARP specific)

I'm working on adding a timeout to rdma_connect() now.  I'm trying to decide if
there should be a single timeout parameter, or timeout and retry values.

Does anyone know the details regarding the TCP connection retry algorithm in
Linux?  (time between retries, number of retries, etc.)