[ofa-general] iWARP issues

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Nov 2 08:54:25 PDT 2007

> Why wouldn't you just leave the timeout to TCP, and make CM's infinite?

I'm more concerned about IB, but would like the rdma cm interface usable
by iWarp as well.  The last request I had was to make the timeout
smaller, not larger.  (With the MRA patch that recently went in, I don't
think we'll need to support longer timeouts in IB.)

At least on linux, it appears that a user can control the number of SYN
retries using a socket option.  I don't see anything that allows them to
control the timeout however.