[ofa-general] RE: QoS for iSER

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Wed Nov 14 08:14:43 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 17:30 +0200, Yevgeny Kliteynik wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:

Yes, I could see that you are trying to use protocol as an identifier to
simplify configuration for a ServiceID range.

> What I'm trying to do here is to provide a simple way to configure
> QoS that will work in *many* cases, not in *all* cases.
>
> I'm giving the following options to differentiate traffic:
>   - All the SDP traffic
>   - Selected ports of the SDP traffic
>   - SRP traffic by providing SRT target guids
>   - iSER traffic (to a well known TCP port)
>   - All the RDS traffic
>   - Selected ports of the RDS traffic
>   - IPoIB by pkey
>   - Specific Service IDs
>   - Specific pkeys
>   - Specific destination port guids

Understood.

> And as you've mentioned, some rules may overlap. For instance,
> if the rule for all the RDS traffic will appear before the iSER
> rule, then iSER requests will be caught by the RDS rule.

That doesn't sound so good but I don't see a good alternative here other
than for this case to put the iSER rule first. The other fallback is the
more detailed configuration but RDS falls into the generic range
category which is problematic in terms of this (and can't be
differentiated by ServiceID unlike the other ULPs).

-- Hal