[ofa-general] OT: MPI 2.1: Getting the band back together

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Nov 19 13:32:28 PST 2007

(I realize that this post is slightly off-topic, but at least some of
you on this list care about MPI and we're trying to spread the word as
far as possible, so I hope the rest of you can forgive this OT
posting.  Thanks)

All MPI users / developers:

At both the Euro PVM/MPI'07 and the SC'07 conferences, we had
productive meetings about how to progress the MPI standard: what to do
about pending bugs in the MPI-1 and MPI-2 specs, new ideas that are
emerging for possible successors to MPI-2, etc.  It has been
determined that the MPI Forum is formally going to re-convene and
start having both electronic and physical meetings to resolve these
issues.

The first meeting is going to be in Chicago, IL, USA in early January
2008.

I strongly encourage all interested parties to participate in the
process.  Please see the mpi-21 mailing list archives (particularly
over the past week) and join the list yourself:

    http://www.mpi-forum.org/mpi2_1/index.htm

Please spread the word.  Thanks.

--
Jeff Squyres