[ofa-general] MTHCA driver from OFED 1.3a package

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Nov 26 05:16:37 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 01:22:39PM +0200, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Can you please clarify what is the patch in OFED 1.2 which once
> deployed to OFED 1.3 makes it work for you? Looking on the 1.2 sources
> under
> ofa_kernel-1.2/kernel_patches/fixes I see three patches that contain
> the word coherent, but neither of them seemed to me what you are
> referring to, am I wrong? The patches are:
> mthca_3_alloc_consistent.patch
> mthca_4_dma_align_reserved_mtts.patch
> mthca_5_roland_fix_icm_coherent.patch

none of them. I did my personal patch:

struct mthca_icm *mthca_alloc_icm(struct mthca_dev *dev, int npages,
                                  gfp_t gfp_mask, int coherent)
{
        struct mthca_icm *icm;
        struct mthca_icm_chunk *chunk = NULL;
        int cur_order;
        int ret;

+        coherent = 1;
        /* We use sg_set_buf for coherent allocs, which assumes low memory */
+        //BUG_ON(coherent && (gfp_mask & __GFP_HIGHMEM));

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek