[ofa-general] Re: iWARP peer-to-peer CM proposal

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Wed Nov 28 05:29:30 PST 2007

Agree with initiator/client sending signalled 0B RDMA Read.
This will handle client side.

Still not 100% clear on passive/server side.
Two issues which bothers me.
1. Is "bogus" S-tag allowed for incomming RDMA ops?
I do not recall that RDDP requires that length is checked before
S-tag.

2. How is "verb" layer on server side knows that RDMA Read op
came and was done? Is it some back door to vendor FW?
Will this be kicked for all incoming RDMA Read ops?

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance Inc.               phone: 781-768-5395
1601 Trapelo Rd. - Suite 16.        Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451                   central phone: 781-768-5300