[ofa-general] IO Size more than 48K

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Nov 29 09:17:34 PST 2007

In message <01B9E81EECACE94DBBD0A556E768FB8A01E3C54C at NAMAIL2.ad.lsil.com>,"Batw
ara, Ashish" writes:
>We are using OFED-1.2, and using xdd and some other tools, and trying to
>send 1/2MB IOs, but what we are seeing in analyzer traces, that memory
>descriptor in SRP command shows max. 48K which means 1MB I/Os has broken
>into smaller SRP request from initiator.
>How can I have this I/O directly going to target? What parameter I need
>to change?

when you login to the storage you need to set max_sect to something
other than the default of 512 (blocks).  try 1024 or 2048.  then
use sg_dd's direct i/o mode (dio=1) or dd with iflag=direct/oflag=direct).

you should be able to bigger rdma segments that way.