[ofa-general] [ANNOUNCE] libmlx4 1.0-rc1 released

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Nov 30 16:16:33 PST 2007

libmlx4 is a userspace driver for Mellanox ConnectX InfiniBand HCAs.
It is a plug-in module for libibverbs that allows programs to use
Mellanox hardware directly from userspace.

The first tarball release on the way to a stable release,
libmlx4-1.0-rc1, is available from

    http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/mlx4/libmlx4-1.0-rc1.tar.gz

with sha1sum

    db40fcfe987dea4dd68735e150922433b69d1215  libmlx4-1.0-rc1.tar.gz

I also tagged the 1.0-rc1 release of libmlx4 and pushed it out to my
git tree on kernel.org:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/infiniband/libmlx4.git

(the name of the tag is libmlx4-1.0-rc1).

This is the first formal release of libmlx4.  Things appear quite
usable at the moment.  Please test and let me know if you see anything
that needs to be fixed.  I plan to make another release in a week --
if nothing major comes up, this will be 1.0; otherwise it will be 1.0-rc2.

I will also start the process of getting libmlx4 packages into the
Debian and Fedora archives.