[ofa-general] multiple threads posting to the same QP

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Oct 1 13:40:53 PDT 2007

 > Looking on libibverbs sources and man pages, I can't figure out if
 > posting to the same QP by multiple threads is supported (or if it
 > should be supported by the low level libraries):

The low-level driver libraries are expected to be fully thread-safe.
Basically the same rules as in Documentation/infiniband/core-locking.txt
for the kernel level.  However I agree that this expectation is not
written down anywhere.  I guess libibverbs needs some documentation
for low-level driver authors.  Not sure where to put it (I don't think
a man page is really appropriate, is it?).

 - R.