[ofa-general] Re: InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.24

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 3 11:43:40 PDT 2007

Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote on 09/17/2007 02:47:42 PM:

>  > > IPoIB CM handles this properly by gathering together single pages
in
>  > > skbs' fragment lists.
>
>  > Then can we reuse IPoIB CM code here?
>
> Yes, if possible, refactoring things so that the rx skb allocation
> code becomes common between CM and non-CM would definitely make sense.

IPoIB-CM rx skb allocation is not generic to be used by UD, it allocates
more buffers than needed if mtu is not 64K, and doesn't query the real
max_num_sg from the device. I am thinking to have a generic skb allocation
in IPoIB based on matrix of (ipoib-mtu-size, page-size, max_num_sg,
head-size).

Thanks
Shirley