[ofa-general] Resignation from the OFA

Jamie Riotto (jriotto) jriotto at cisco.com
Wed Oct 3 16:20:19 PDT 2007

Dear OFA Members,
It has been my express pleasure to have served on the Board of the OFA,
and in particular to have had the opportunity
to act as Chairman for the Enterprise Working Group (EWG) for the last
year or so. I believe the OFA to be a shining
example of how an open source community can come together, overcome
competitive tendancies and forge a truly lasting
software effort that clearly and directly benefits the user and
development community it supports. I am particularly proud of the
job the EWG has done in furthering the stability of the OFA release
process as embodied by the OFED releases. It is clear
that these efforts have directly contributed to the widespread adoption
of OFA technology with scientific, commercial and
enterprise customers.

However, it is time in my life for a change, and as such I have resigned
from my role at Cisco, effective Oct 12. I will be
taking a year or so off to persue some personal interests. Therefore, I
must also resign from the Board of the OFA and the
Chair of the EWG.

In my place, Cisco officially nominates Gopal Hedge as my replacement
for the Board seat as well as EWG chair. Gopal
has just joined Cisco as my replacement and will head up all the
InfiniBand and RDMA efforts for Cisco. Gopal recently joined Cisco from
Adaptec where he was running engineering for their RAID product line,
and prior to that Gopal spent several years at
Intel driving Intel's I/O Architecture and Strategy for Server
Platforms. In that role, Gopal drove Intel's DCE, FCoE and I/O
virtualization strategies. As such he is uniquely qualified to drive
Cisco's combined IB and Ethernet RDMA strategy.

Gopal's Contact Info:
Gopal Hegde
408-853-7058
gohegde at cisco.com

Good luck to you all, and keep up the good work. For future reference, I
can be reached at jamie.riotto at gmail.com
Cheers - jamie

Jamie Riotto
Sr. Director Engineering
Server Virtualization Business Unit (SVBU)
Cisco Systems
408-853-7813
jriotto at cisco.com