[ofa-general] Setting lowest-common denominator ipoib multicast rate?

Troy Benjegerdes troy at scl.ameslab.gov
Thu Oct 4 15:23:22 PDT 2007

How can I set the ipoib broadcast multicast group rate such that even a
1X SDR connected machine can still join the group?

I tried the following in /etc/osm-partitions.conf based on a mail list
posting from awhile ago, but it doesn't seem to work..

Default=0x7fff,ipoib,rate=1:ALL=full;

And then what does it take on the ipoib client side to pick up the new
partition parameters and such? reloading ipoib, or a full restart?